This recipe is kind of like a chicken bake or a hot pocket, but boy oh boy did we rant and rave over this one! It is so delicious. I felt like I was in a restaurant. And it's pretty simple to make so that's a bonus.Ingredients
8 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 cup cour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 chicken breasts cooked and diced
2(8 oz) cans cresent rolls
1/4 cup melted butter
italian bread crumbs
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet ckicken gravy
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a hand mixer, mix cream cheese and sour cream until well combined. Stir in salt, pepper, chicken.( I also added some sausage I needed to use and some canadian bacon and it was delicious.. but optional.)
3. Using two cresent rolls, push together to make one square. Make sure your seal is secure so your filling won't come out( I actually used my bread maker to make dough so I didn't have to go to the store.. I just used things at the house). Fill cresents with about 3 large tablespoons and fold corners into center and press to form a pocket.
4. Dip each pocket into melted butter and roll in bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until dough is well cooked).
5. In a small pot make gravy by mixing cream of chicken with 3/4 cup water and gravy mix. Heat together until warm. Serve over pockets and enjoy!
You can really get creative with this recipe and add whatever your heart desires. You could add veggies, different meats, or leave them just the way they are...
Seriously you will LOVE it. We did! It is definately a new household recipe...